When you’re well enough to return home, your doctor will inform you and share some follow-up information, which may include follow-up outpatient appointments (where applicable), medicines or prescriptions, and post-discharge care information.
For your safety, please arrange for a next-of-kin or friend to pick you up from NCID.
The discharge process may take some time to allow the care team to complete processes such as the following:
- Contacting your next-of-kin about your discharge
- Preparation of your discharge summary
- Preparation of your medication/ prescriptions
- Scheduling of follow-up appointments
- Counselling on post-discharge care